Tuesday 13 November 2012

From old to whatever the future holds

Following from my introduction I wanted to show some examples of my past work so I can track improvement from here on and also to show a little more about who I currently am as a Design student.

Photography
From the day I was born Photography had always been in my life, my earliest memories of discovering what photography is was me being shooed away from my Grandfathers development room in fear of me messing up something. At first I didn't have a clue what all the bits and bobs in that room was about but as I grew from a clumsy toddler my Grandfather trusted me enough to watch as he would develop the film he had currently captured.
What I most enjoy with Photography is the memories it carries with it, not only is it a beautiful way of capturing a moment it's also something personal to the person who captured it.
Photo taken on my Ipod of the wheel outside the Echo Arena
in Liverpool and edited using  light sliders and contrast on Photoshop.
Photo taken using cannon camera of flowers from garden and then
edited on photoshop using a black and white filter and then
history brush around areas I wanted to restore colour to.

Sketching

Sketching is probably the most used mothered of recording in design so it's something I use a lot. I've always sketched when I was young but it's not until really the last few years that I've noticed a lot of improvement. Due to it being a big part in the Illustration world I want to be involved in, I try my best to do a sketch a day to continue with developing the method.   
Sketch of an eagle. 
Sketch of Japanese Geisha girl.
Sketch Created by cutting out section of photography
and sketching in the missing image. 

Watercolours
The most recent method I have begun to try, the reason why I decided to buy myself a watercolour set and start picking up the techniques used is because I noticed that it's a big feature used within Fashion Illustration and although at the minute it's quite difficult to get my head round I enjoy the bright colours and elegant finish they create and hope to improve the skill to a style similar as some of my favorite Fashion Illustrators.


Watercolour Illustration of a Jimmy Choo shoe and using
glitter glue to add shine.
Watercolour illustration inspired by cutout.

Markers
Markers also play a big part in Fashion Illustration and I have had a bit more practice with them than the watercolours. I enjoy using the markers, you can create some nice depth effects with them by overlapping and I currently have been using Promarkers.

H&M Illustration using promarkers. 

Digital
Not only do I use Photoshop for editing pictures I also use it for design and sketching with my graphic tablet. I really like using this method because mistakes made can be undone and you can also create a neat finish and more realistic look to design work. 
Image created using graphic tablet
to create outline and image of
stained glass window for print.


No comments:

Post a Comment